April 12, 2010

Culp's Hill

Our trip to Gettysburg this time was on a more historic level instead of ghost hunting, but if you follow this blog at all you know I had to have at lest one experience. We did our day thing and then headed out to what I call the most creepy place on the Battlefield. Culp's Hill. This night's adventure left me still feeling the same way. Several other ghost hunters or "Casper Chasers" as some of the locals call us were in the area. I walked off in the direction of Spangler's Spring which is suppose to be haunted by the Woman in White. According to local legend, she is either a Civil War Nurse who comes to the spring in search of water for the wounded men, or a woman who commited sucide after being jilted by her married lover. I like to think she is the nurse, but no matter who she is, more than one person has claims of her existance.
I was standing near the spring taking my first photos. When I put the camera to my eye to look through the shutter I was startled by a white orb. At first my mind would not accept it, and I pushed the camera away. I quickly looked again and there is was, coming closer. Take the picture my mind said and I did just as it moved. This is the result of that photo.



After taking a few more photos I went over to talk to the other ghost hunters and was informed that "something" had thrown a large seed pod at one of them. She went on to tell me that she believed it was the woman in white who she claimed had played with her before. She said that in the past that she had thrown rocks into the woods only to have one thrown back.
It proved to be an interesting night indeed
Here are a few more photos that have orbs in them taken in the area of Culps Hill

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Cool, it looks like you had a good time. I can't wait to visit Gettysburg and see the place for myself.....someday.

4/12/10, 8:45 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hmmm, interesting and yea, I think I might not have been believing what I saw either even though I should know better!

4/13/10, 1:42 AM  
Blogger Bethie said...

Sounds like so much fun!

4/13/10, 6:53 AM  
Blogger Pale said...

The moving orb experience is really interesting, Patty. I'm glad you got to photograph it. How cool.

4/13/10, 10:22 AM  
Blogger Jessica Penot said...

Lovely pictures! I love your blog and I wanted you to know that I passed the beautiful blogger award on to you. Go to www.ghoststoriesandhauntedplaces.blogspot.com to learn more.

4/13/10, 11:08 AM  
Blogger Courtney Mroch said...

Very, very, very cool. I think it's neat you ventured here and could explore at night. Love reading your blog. (Oh, and I noticed Jessica passed on the Beautiful Blogger Award to you...dangit! I wish I had thought of doing that. I'm sorry I didn't. Well deserved! Congrats! Plus, you really do embody a beautiful blogger. You're always so nice and encouraging. =)

4/20/10, 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home