August 9, 2009

Photo



I've been meaning to post this photo. I purchased it when I was in Gettysburg last May. I saw it on my first trip up there last Sept. as a painting. It was beautifully haunting and I couldn't stop thinking of it. This past trip it was available in a photo and I snatched it up. I've changed the mat to black, and it is now in a place of honor in my house.

If I am not mistaken the photo/painting is titled The Widow. I find it somehow romantic that the gentleman (ghost) is standing next to his beloved as she morns for him.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. It's so hauntingly beautiful.

8/9/09, 8:31 AM  
Blogger Sharon Day said...

Very cool picture. I've always wanted to do something similar at abandoned sites I visit--put in a ghost figure. Cool!

8/9/09, 1:31 PM  
Blogger Kim Campbell said...

Amazing photo. So beautiful!

8/9/09, 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovingly Beautiful

8/12/09, 12:09 AM  
Blogger jaz@octoberfarm said...

ooooo...i love this photo! i also love visiting gettysburg!

8/12/09, 2:08 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Very moving. I can see why you would want to purchase it.

10/7/09, 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home