December 8, 2008

And the winner is NOT ME

Well I received the list this morning of winners from the ghostly images contest and my name was not among them. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. I really thought that it was a good photo, but I guess someone had a better one. Oh well, I can always visit next year and try again. On the bright side I got my newsletter today from About.Com paranormal and my photo was one of the featured articles for this week.
Winner or not the Jennie Wade house was an awesome place to visit. I didn't expect the image in the photo, I didn't see anything when I took it. What I did experience while there was the chains next to one of the beds moving. Of course I thought it was rigged so I went over and touched them I could feel a pressure on the chain as if someone was actually moving the chain. It's funny because at the time I really wasn't alarmed. I just shrugged it off and moved to the next room. I spent quit a bit of time in the house, and was there alone. Now I am kicking myself for not using the tape recorder and trying to capture some sounds. Oh well, there is always next year.




I included this photo, becaues it shows the mirror from a different angel..There is nothing strange in this shot.

One end of the chain, you can see there is no way it is rigged

Me holding the chain

The other end of the chain, again how could it have been rigged?

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Sorry to hear that your picture didn't win but that just means you get to try again next year, right?!?

I've never been the Jennie Wade house during my Gettysburg trips, perhaps it's a good excuse to go again soon!?

12/8/08, 7:49 PM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

Oh what a bummer Patty! I'm so sorry to hear you didn't win and feel like you were ripped off. Totally.

12/9/08, 9:40 AM  
Blogger Tanya Breese said...

Well winner or not, that is still a super cool experience! I can't wait to get to Gettysburg!

12/9/08, 5:16 PM  
Blogger Kim Campbell said...

You are the winner in my eye!!

12/10/08, 11:27 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

I have to admit, creepy things scare the bejeebers out of me, but I also find them intriguing. I occasionally watch 'A Haunting' on Discovery, but only during the day in my all glass sunroom...LOL I live in a VERY old city. The house next door to mine was built in 1864. The homes feel a bit creepy.

12/17/08, 8:36 PM  
Blogger Les Barr said...

Sorry to read that your picture did not win anything.

While on our visit to Gettysburg a few years ago we did take a Tour of the Jenny Wade House. As you already know, Jenny Wade was the only civilian killed during the Battle. It was very interesting for me since I like things about the Civil War. I have pictures of our visit somewhere, but have to find them. - Les

1/16/09, 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home